You made your reservation for the special day, now get the skinny on the top 5 things to keep in mind when you dine out this Valentine’s Day:
1. Be Punctual. Restaurants are very busy tonight. Arrive on-time for your reservation lest you get passed over for a walk-in procrastinator.
2. Be prepared to order from a prix fixe menu. Don’t expect your favorite restaurant to offer your beloved dishes on Valentine’s Day. Often restaurants choose to highlight a few classics within a limited menu.
3. Beware of amateurs. Much like New Year’s Eve, your dining compatriots may be restaurant newbies that occupy a great deal of your server’s time.
4. Be REALLY nice to the staff. Odds are the staff would rather be home with their significant others, so be kind and tip generously.
5. Best advice: Pass on the pork belly appetizer and chocolate cake dessert. Keep your meal light so you don’t end up in a food coma after dinner. Your sweetie will thank you.