Global Spa Summit
Published: May 2008
Click here to Download
Commissioned by the Global Spa Summit, this 64-page Global Spa Economy Report is the product of an extensive study conducted by an independent research company, SRI International (formerly the Stanford Research Institute).
The Global Spa Economy Report:
- Utilizes multiple lines of inquiry: 1000 survey responses, national and global qualitative and quantitative data reports, and over 50 executive interviews
- Estimated global spa economy at $255 billion, including $60 billion in core spa industries and $195 billion in spa-enabled industries
- Provides regional and global estimates of the number of spas, types of spas and revenues for 210 different countries
- Captures and quantifies local, cultural and historical wellness contexts such as Ayurveda, Turkish Hamams, Chinese Traditional Medicine, Japanese Onsens etc.
- Examines the economic pulse of the spa industry via a spa industry cluster:
- Core Industries: Spa facilities (health retreats, destination, hotel, resort, day, and medical spas etc), Capital Investments, Education, Consulting, Media, and Associations etc.
- Enabled Industries: Spa-Related Hospitality & Tourism and Spa Lifestyle Real Estate
- Associated Industries: Beauty/Beauty Products, Fitness/Fitness Products, Beauty & Wellness Medicine, Healthy Foods & Nutrition.
Copyright © 2007
This document contains proprietary information of the Global Spa Summit. No disclosure or use of any portion of the contents of this material may be made without the express written consent. For permission to reproduce any material contained in this publication, or for general questions about GSS research, please call 1-212-716-1199 or email email@example.com.
Spa-related Research (Currently Available Around the World)
One of the objectives of the Global Spa Summit is to initiate, gather and trumpet quality industry research on a global basis. The Global Spa Summit team has endeavored develop a comprehensive list of spa related research projects around the world, which we are excited to share with the extended spa and wellness community. The downloadable PDF file (also included below) has been organized by geographical location. Given, along with the title of each report, is the year in which the research was published and the company that commissioned the report.
If there is a research project or study that you feel should be included on the list, or if this list needs to be corrected in any way, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to update the information accordingly.